This website uses cookies. Please click "Accept and Close" to accept the use of cookies on our website. By continuing to browse our website you consent to the use of cookies on this website.

For more information on how we use cookies please visit our Cookie Policy page, or visit our Privacy notice page for more information on how we manage and use data.



28 Mar 2021
© Stephen Hamilton/PressEye Cliftonville keeper Aaron McCarey punches clear
Linfield, Glentoran, Cliftonville and Ballymena United all recorded victories in the latest round of Danske Bank Premiership action while there were draws at the Loughshore Hotel Arena and Mourneview Park.
Leaders Linfield stretched their advantage at the top to ten points following victory over Portadown in the streamed game at Shamrock Park. 
Jordan Stewart grabbed what proved to be the only goal of the game after 11 minutes as the Blues took full advantage of a first defeat since December for nearest challengers Coleraine.
The Bannsiders travelled to Solitude to face Cliftonville after having gone 17 games unbeaten but finishes from Jamie Harney and Paul O'Neill gave the Reds a two-goal advantage with just over an hour on the clock.
Ben Doherty did pull one back from the spot midway through the second half but with Eoin Bradley sent-off soon after it proved to be too big a challenge for Oran Kearney's side to salvage a point.
Glentoran left it late to get the better of Crusaders at The Oval. The winner - and only goal - came just as the game ticked over into stoppage time with Jay Donnelly sending a chipped effort over Sean O'Neill although the Crues had two last gasp opportunities after that to hit back with a very late equaliser.
Ballymena United swept to a comfortable victory over Dungannon Swifts at The Showgrounds.
The Sky Blues raced into the lead through Josh Kelly's fifth minute opener with a double from Paul McElroy and a further goal from Trai Hume giving them a very healthy half-time advantage.
Ben Gallagher did pull one back for the visitors just after the hour but Tony Kane struck from the spot midway through the second half to restore Ballymena's four-goal cushion.
Glenavon twice came from behind to secure a point from Larne's visit to Mourneview Park.
Martin Donnelly edged Larne in front on 19 minutes but Matthew Fitzpatrick levelled just four minutes after that. Larne did go in at the break with the advantage, however, courtesy of David McDaid on 40 minutes but this was cancelled out by Conan Byrne's 73rd minute penalty.
Meanwhile, at the Loughshore Hotel Arena, Ryan Swan struck in stoppage time to earn Warrenpoint Town a share of the spoils from their clash with Carrick Rangers.
Kyle Cherry had given the 'Gers the lead on 33 minutes but just when it looked like they'd done enough to secure a much needed victory up popped Swan with a close range header.