Philip Simpson (28)
Mark Anderson (75)
Mark Anderson (90 2)


Jordan Williamson (OG) (45)


Mark Anderson scored twice for the PSNI (©INPHO/Stephen Hamilton)


Loughgall's long unbeaten run ended with this reversal at the hands of the PSNI at Newforge Lane.

Philip Simpson opened the scoring on 28 minutes when he connected with a Mark Anderson corner to send a header past Glenn Buchanan.

The Villagers levelled on the stroke of half-time. A long free kick into the penalty box glazed the head of Nathaniel Ferris only to see it strike the upright. The ball then rebounded off Williamson's foot and, despite his best efforts, he couldn't prevent the ball creeping over the line.

The turning point in the game came on 65 minutes when Kyle Crawford was deemed to have pushed Ferris inside the area but Mark Stewart's resultant penalty was saved by a flying Williamson!

Then, with a quarter-of-an-hour remaining, the PSNI were awarded a penalty after the referee spotted handball in the box. Anderson duly made no mistake from the spot to restore home advantage.

Loughgall threw everything at the PSNI in the hunt for an equaliser. Williamson was kept on his toes and the home defence stood firm.

But, in stoppage time, Anderson put the game to bed with his second of the afternoon. Substitute Tony Tumelty rounded two defenders, laid the ball off to Jake McNeill who, in turn, passed along the edge of the edge of the six-yard box for the unmarked Anderson to pick his spot.

PSNI: Williamson, Hutchinson, McCune, Crawford, Simpson, McNeill, D. Wilson, Cochrane, Adamczyk, Anderson, Malone subs Tumelty (replaced Adamczyk 85), Douglas (not used), J. Wilson (replaced Cochrane 71), Wright (not used), Ferguson (not used)

Loughgall: Buchanan, McVeigh, Rea, Bell, Stewart, Gibson, McCullough, Ferguson, Ferris, McConnell, Campbell subs Hoey (replaced Stewart 83), Mullen (replaced McConnell 87), Liggett (replaced Ferguson 65), Dallas (not used), Taylor (not used)

Referee: Diarmuid Harrigan

Tags:  Loughgall  PSNI