Jason McCartney (24)
Ryan Campbell (45 1)
John Edgar (68)
Callum Moorehead (71)


Substitute John Edgar celebrates his goal with Jason McCartney (c) Mervyn Smith / Ballinamallard United


Ballinamallard United produced a dominant four goal performance against Dundela in the Bluefin Sport Championship.

Mallards captain Richard Clarke was forced off with an injury on 21 minutes, but just when it looked like the home side’s luck was against them – Jason McCartney opened the scoring three minutes later direct from a corner.

The visitors’ best chance of the first half fell to Gareth Tommons on the half hour, but Ballinamallard goalkeeper John Connolly was alert to block the goalbound effort.

Dundela would rue that missed opportunity, as in first half stoppage time Ryan Campbell was released free and rounded goalkeeper McBride for his side’s second goal of the afternoon and the striker’s sixth league goal of the season.

It was all Dundela from the start of the second half as they tried in vain to pull a goal back in this game as the home defence stood firm to block a number of attempts by the East Belfast side.

Harry McConkey’s inspired substitution of replacing goalscorer Campbell with John Edgar on 66 minutes took only three minutes to pay dividends, as Edgar finished well from a Nathan Cashel cross for Ballinamallard United’s third goal.

Callum Moorehead sealed all three points with a thunderous free-kick that was rifled into the top right corner giving Ryan McBride no chance with 73 minutes played.

The win takes Ballinamallard United within a point of third placed Dundela in the hunt for promotion.

Ballinamallard United: Connolly, McEvoy, Taheny, Smyth, Clarke, Arkinson, Campbell, McCartney, Kelly, O’Reilly, Moorehead. Subs: McCann (not used), McIlwaine (replaced Taheny 80), Warrington (not used), Edgar (replaced Campbell 66), Cashel (replaced Clarke 21)

Dundela: McBride, King, Kerr, Tommons, Murdock, Magee, McMaster, Devine, Watts, Kane, Holden. Subs: Bingham (not used), McCawl (replaced Devine 82), Beggs (replaced Kane 72), McNicholl (replaced Holden 66), Morrison (not used)

Referee: Ben McMaster

Tags:  Ballinamallard United  Dundela