Craig McMillen (05)
Craig McMillen (31)


Conall McGrandles (46)
Conall McGrandles (51)
Stephen Teggart (63)
Ryan Carmichael (90 3)


Portadown manager Matthew Tipton (©INPHO/Jonathan Porter)


Portadown staged a remarkable second half comeback to defeat Ards at the Bangor Fuels Arena.

Craig McMillen nodded Ards in front after five minutes when he got his head to the ball following a move down the left.

McMillen doubled his tally on 31 minutes, this time converting a David McAllister cross to put Warren Feeney's side into a strong position.

The Ports pulled a goal back within a minute of the half-time break after Conall McGrandles saw his initial free-kick, won by substitute Ryan Carmichael, blocked by the wall before picking up the rebound and firing past Brian Neeson from 20-yards.

Then, five minutes after that, McGrandles bagged Portadown's equaliser with a curling set piece into the bottom corner after Carmichael was again brought down.

Remarkably, just after the hour, the visitors moved in front. Adam Salley flicked the ball on for Carmichael who, in turn, squared it into the path of Stephen Teggart who coolly proceeded to slot the finish beyond Neeson.

Perhaps fittingly Carmichael then got his name on the scoresheet deep into stoppage time with a great solo after winning possession in his own half, carrying it forward, beating a defender and knocking home Portadown's fourth to cap a superb second half showing from Matthew Tipton's side.

Ards: Neeson, McMillan, Armstrong, McGovern, Murray, McMillen, Nelson, McLellan, D. McAllister, Harris, Calderwood subs Fox (not used), D. Wilson (replaced McGovern 66), McConnell (replaced Harris 78), McKee (not used), Shearer (not used)

Portadown: Edwards, Crane, McCallum, Finnegan, Salley, McGrandles, Tipton, Wilson, McNally, Teggart, Bons subs McKenna (replaced Tipton 71), Duke (replaced Salley 87), Glackin (not used), Carmichael (replaced McCallum 46), Ferris (not used)

Referee: Mark Dillon

Tags:  Ards  Portadown