Lisburn Distillery and Annagh United played out a scoreless draw at New Grosvenor. (© David Hunter).


Annagh United slipped off the top of the table with this scoreless draw away to Lisburn Distillery.

In an incident packed game both sides could have snatched all three points but, in the end, had to settle with a share of the spoils.

The Whites enjoyed the best of the early chances, but the best opening didn't arrive until around the half-hour mark when Annagh keeper Shane McPartlan hesitated coming for a ball played into the box presenting Nick Beta with a header only for this effort to come back off an upright, as did his attempted follow up.

Annagh struck the woodwork themselves just before the break when Jonah Mitchell crossed from the right for Jordan Campbell but he could only strike the crossbar.

The visitors came close just after the hour when Brian McIlmurray tested Jonah Nicholl but the home keeper managed to keep the ball out whilst Mitchell could only blast the follow up well over from close range.

John Convery then missed from a header before McIlmurray was again thwarted by Nicholl.

Distillery squandered one last opportunity to secure the win when, on 89 minutes, Daire Rooney was upended by McPartlan inside the area but Jonathan McCaw could only look on as the United keeper redeemed himself to save the spot kick.

Annagh did have the ball in the net in stoppage time from a corner but this was ruled out by referee Shane McGonigle for an infringement.

Lisburn Distillery: Nicholl, Doyle, Curran, Curley, B. Moore, Wright, O'Hanlon, McCaw, Beta, Young, Harrison subs Saunders (not used), McCullough (replaced Doyle 63), Clarke (not used), Reid (replaced Wright 76), Rooney (replaced Beta 63)

Annagh United: McPartlan, McConville, Stewart, Campbell, Eagle, Henderson, McCordick, Taylor, McDonald, Mitchell, Convery subs Lyttle (not used), Uprichard (replaced Campbell 69), Kerr (not used), Cusack (not used), McIlmurray (replaced McConville 69)

Referee: Shane McGonigle