Alan O'Sullivan (33)
Danny Wallace (84)


Eamon McAllister (09)
Darren Henderson (14)
Michael Smith (32)


Darren Henderson scored in Carrick's defeat of Warrenpoint (©INPHO/Stephen Hamilton)


Carrick Rangers defeated Warrenpoint Town at the Q Radio Arena to keep their top flight survival hopes alive for a little while longer.

David McAlinden's side got the result they needed to confirm a two-legged play-off with Championship runners-up Newry City whilst condemning Ballinamallard United for the automatic drop.

Rangers moved in front after nine minutes when Darren Henderson squared for Eamon McAllister to beat Johnny Parr from just outside the six yard box.

And Henderson got on the scoresheet himself five minutes later to double Carrick's lead when he made the most of some poor Stephen Moan defending.

It got even better for Carrick just after the half-hour mark. A Ralph Kottoy shot across the face of goal was parried only as far as Michael Smith who promptly buried it into the back of the net from close range.

Warrenpoint pulled one back almost immediately, however, when an attempted Paddy McNally clearance ricocheted off Alan O'Sullivan and into the net.

'Point pushed hard after the break in order to salvage something from the game, coming close to reducing the deficit when Josh Lynch produced a fine save from Harry Doherty.

They did eventually grab a second goal with six minutes to go when a cross from Moan evaded everyone before Danny Wallace tucked it away at the back post.

BBC Sport NI coverage

Warrenpoint Town: Parr, Reilly, Moan, Wallace, Foster, Hughes, Dane, Lynch, McGrandles, Forde, O'Sullivan subs Türker (not used), McKenna (replaced Reilly 46), Mackle (replaced Lynch 46), Roohi (replaced Hughes 62), Fox (not used)

Carrick Rangers: Doherty, Smyth, Edgar, McNally, Chapman, McAllister, M. Smith, Kottoy, Hassin, Henderson, McNulty subs Larmour (replaced McAllister 90+2), Taggart (not used), Morrow (replaced Chapman 66), Anau (not used), Mooney (not used)

Referee: Evan Boyce

Attendance: 200