Robbie Norton (34p)
Mark Griffin (86)


Cathair Friel (37)
Cathair Friel (45 1)
Adam Lecky (47)
James Knowles (78)


Cathair Friel celebrates one of his two goals for Ballymena (©INPHO/Brian Little)


League leaders Ballymena United made it ten wins in a row in all competitions with victory over Warrenpoint Town at the Q Radio Arena.

United started brightly and might have raced into an early lead after a Danny Wallace goalline clearance and twice striking the woodwork through Jude Winchester and Steven McCullough while a number of other chances went begging.

But, against the run of play, the deadlock was broken on 34 minutes in Warrenpoint's favour when Robbie Norton converted from the spot into the bottom left corner after Ciaran O'Connor was upended just inside the area.

Ballymena levelled within three minutes, however, when Cathair Friel turned home a back post header from McCullough's superbly delivered left sided cross.

And Friel struck again in first half stoppage time with a low volley into the corner after the ball fell to him from the left 12 yards out.

Then, a couple of minutes into the second half, it was 3-1 with Adam Lecky this time finding the net after Winchester had laid the ball off for him at the back post.

The visitors made sure of the points with just under a quarter-of-an-hour to go through James Knowles with a strong finish from outside the box after combining with Winchester to create the opening.

'Point did earn a late consolation through Mark Griffin when he squeezed a header past Thomas McDermott four minutes from time.

Warrenpoint Town: McCarey, Foster, Hughes, O'Sullivan, J. Lynch, M. Lynch, Scannell, O'Connor, Norton, Donnelly, Wallace subs Turker (not used), Kelly (not used), Griffin (replaced Hughes 58), Watters (not used), Magowan (replaced O'Connor 84), Fox (replaced J. Lynch 84)

Ballymena United: McDermott, Kane, Addis, Friel, Knowles, McCullough, Balmer, Winchester, Ervin, Lecky, Millar subs McCauley (not used), Quigley (not used), Mayse (not used), Burns (replaced Addis 73), Nolan (not used), Shevlin (not used), McMurray (not used)

Referee: Steven Gregg

Attendance: 306