The NI Football League has noted the announcements from the NI Executive and the Irish FA and can provide the following clarifications for our competitions.
- The Danske Bank Premiership will be classified as ‘elite’ and will remain as scheduled. This includes the provision of supporters under the current NI Executive guidelines.
- The NIFL Championship and NIFL Premier Intermediate League have not been classified as elite. The Championship and PIL Management Committees have agreed to consider provisional start dates next week.
- The Danske Bank Women’s Premiership will be classified as elite and will remain as scheduled.
- The NIFL Development (Under-20) and Academy Leagues (Under-18 & Under-16) has not been classified as elite and a revised start date will be communicated once confirmed.
- The Electric Ireland Women’s Academy League (Under-19) has not been classified as elite and further information on the competition will be communicated once confirmed.