This website uses cookies. Please click "Accept and Close" to accept the use of cookies on our website. By continuing to browse our website you consent to the use of cookies on this website.

For more information on how we use cookies please visit our Cookie Policy page, or visit our Privacy notice page for more information on how we manage and use data.

Premier Intermediate


03 Dec 2022
© Paul Harvey Action from Ballymacash's defeat of Limavady United

Ballymacash Rangers and Bangor, the unbeaten top two in the Lough 41 Premier Intermediate League, are threatening to break away after a favourable round of results.

‘Cash continue to lead the way following a 3-0 defeat of Limavady United at the Bluebell Stadium.

Josh Cahoon opened the scoring from the spot just before the break, with Jack Smith adding a second soon after. Smith then struck again on 59 minutes to make sure of the points.

Bangor also came out on top away to Queen’s University. Adam Neale edged the Seasiders in front with just over ten minutes on the clock, to be followed not much later by another strike from the veteran Michael Halliday.

The Students did pull one back through Ronan Young midway through the second half but it wasn’t enough to spark a late revival.

Tobermore United moved into third spot, albeit five points adrift, courtesy of a four-goal romp past PSNI at Fortwilliam Park. Declan Martin bagged two - one in each half - with the other goals coming via Eamon McAllister on 31 minutes and Daniel McIlhatton in stoppage time.

Near neighbours Moyola Park hit three without reply ay home to Dollingstown. Mark Edgar broke the deadlock as early as the ninth minute, Tom Patchett doubled home advantage with ten minutes of the first half to go before Adam Gray completed the scoring midway through the second half.

Three first half goals helped Banbridge Town defeat Lisburn Distillery at Ballyskeagh.

Skipper Chris McMahon needed just a couple of minutes to open the scoring before Stephen McCavitt added a second from the spot with less than a quarter-of-an-hour on the clock. McCavitt then found the net again on 27 minutes to effectively kill the game off as a contest.

Meanwhile, at Mullaghacall, Portstewart and Armagh City battled to an equal share of the four goals scored.

The Seahawks struck either side of the break through Ryan Campbell and Bobby-Jack McAleese but the Eagles clawed a goal back courtesy of Stefan Lavery’s 76th minute penalty and a late Jack Clarke strike.