Premier Intermediate


15 Apr 2023

Bangor are just one point away from sealing the Lough 41 Premier Intermediate League title, but Ballymacash Rangers haven’t given up the fight just yet while Queen’s University are still eyeing up a play-off spot. 
The top three all won their first post-split game with the Seasiders getting the better of Moyola Park at Clandeboye Park. 
Adam Neale opened the scoring midway through the first half but Ian Parkhill levelled for the visitors just before the break. Robert McLean diverted the ball into his own net not long after the break to edge Bangor back in front before Ben Arthurs added a third in stoppage time. 
Ballymacash Rangers only needed a Guillaume Keke strike after six minutes to defeat Limavady United at the Bluebell Stadium to remain in second place. 
Queen’s University are a further two points adrift, but they needed a winner in added time to overcome Tobermore United at Fortwilliam Park. 
The sides traded goals in an explosive opening ten minutes with Lorcan McIlroy firing the Students in front only to be quickly cancelled out by Gary Keane. 
Chris Middleton restored Queens’ lead from the spot midway through the second half but again Keane levelled for United soon after. However, Adam Calvert popped up in the 92nd minute to bag what could turn out to be a crucial winner. 
Armagh City did their survival hopes the world of good with a 4-1 win away to Lisburn Distillery. 
Scoreless at the break, goals before the hour from Ethan Jordan and Conor Mullen put the Eagles in a strong position, with James McCormack added a third on 76 minutes. 
Michael Gallagher pulled one back for the Whites soon after, but Calum MacGregor restored City’s three-goal cushion late on. 
Meanwhile Banbridge Town and Portstewart bagged 1-0 away wins over Dollingstown and PSNI respectively. 
Michael McCavitt knocked home Banbridge’s winner on 55 minutes after making the most of a short backpass while Ryan Campbell grabbed the decisive goal for the Seahawks’ just after the hour.