Applications for entry into the 2024 Sports Direct Women's Premiership are now open.
Promotion to the NIFL Women’s Premiership shall be awarded to the winners of the NIWFA Championship following completion of the 2023 season, if the winning Championship club have applied and confirm their ability to meet the required Women’s Premiership criteria by 31 July.
If the Championship winners do not apply or confirm their ability to meet the required Women’s Premiership criteria by 31 July, the highest ranked club in the Championship that has applied shall be awarded a promotion.
Women’s Premiership criteria
- Clubs must nominate and play in an approved stadium for domestic club football for the 2024 season
- The stadium must meet Stadium Infrastructure Criteria set out in Annex D of the Irish FA Women’s Premiership Licence Manual (https://www.irishfa.com/media/43516/2023-womens-premiership-manual.pdf)
- Applicant clubs must commit to and obtain a Women’s Premiership Licence in 2024
- For season 2023 clubs as minimum have;
- Club secretary
- First team manager / Head coach must have minimum of UEFA B Licence
- Media officer
- Trained first aider
- Trained physiotherapist or sports therapist at all home games
- Dedicated website / at least one social media platform