Rachel Rogan (09)
Kelly Bailie (26)
Cleo-Neece Taggart (43)


Marissa Callaghan (32)
Marissa Callaghan (44)
Billie Simpson (46)
Leah McEvoy (71)



Glentoran began the game on the front foot and it wasn't long before they took the lead. A Sam Kelly corner was flicked on at the near post by Nadene Caldwell to Rachel Rogan who finished close in.

Cliftonville just couldn't get into the match and Glentoran continued to dominate play. In the 26th minute they were awarded a free kick and the ever dependable Kelly Bailie despatched the ball into the Cliftonville net to make it 2-0 for Glentoran.

Against the run of play Cliftonville pulled a goal back through Marissa Callaghan in the 34th minute.

The Glens kept up the pressure on the Cliftonville defence and this paid again in the 44th minute. Annie Timoney latched onto a defence splitting pass from Nadene Caldwell and pulled the ball back from the by line for Cleo Neece Taggart to make it 3-1 from close range.

Cliftonville weren’t going to lie down and Marissa Callaghan again brought them back into the match with a good finish from an Emma McMaster pass to make the halftime score 3-2.

The 2nd half started with Cliftonville being awarded a free kick on their left. Billy Simpson’s free kick sailed past Glentoran’s wall, defenders and goalkeeper and into their goal to level the scores. 

There was a period of attacking from both teams without any further goals until the 75 minute. Cliftonvilles Leah McAvoy picked up a pass from Marissa Callaghan and despatched the ball past Ashleigh McKinnon in the Glentoran goal for Cliftonville’s 4th goal.

Glentoran attacked until the final whistle looking for an equaliser but just couldn’t get the ball in the Cliftonville net.

Glentoran Belfast United: McKinnon, Oprey, Bailie, Eddis, Foy, White, Timoney, Caldwell, Rogan, Kelly, Taggart subs Gamble (replaced White 58), Ennis (not used), Peachey (not used), McKenna (not used)

Cliftonville Ladies: C. Callaghan, McCarthy, Service, Moran, McMaster, McEvoy, Canavan, Simpson, Doherty, M. Callaghan, Weatherall subs Kelly (replaced M. Callaghan 74), Devine (not used), Cargill (not used), Burgess (not used)

Referee: Glenn Buchanan