Kirsty McGuinness (10)
Louise McDaniel (16)
Megan Bell (20)
Louise McDaniel (25)
Megan Bell (30)
Louise McDaniel (34)
Kirsty McGuinness (62)
Louise McDaniel (69)
Louise McDaniel (84)
Louise McDaniel (85)


Louise McDaniel scored a double hat-trick in Linfield's thumping victory (Picture:


Linfield returned to the top of the Danske Bank Women's Premiership thanks to a thumping 10-0 victory over Derry City at New Midgley Park.

The champions took the lead on 10 minutes when Kirsty McGuinness rattled a great strike against the crossbar, which narrowly crossed the line to give the Blues a dream start.

In the 16th minute McGuinness broke wide on the left and squared the ball for strike partner Louise McDaniel to score Linfield's second goal.

Four minutes later Megan Bell went on a powerful run from her own half before firing home Linfield's third from the edge of the box.

Then, on 25 minutes, a McGuinness shot crashed against the post and McDaniel followed up the rebound for to extend Linfield's advantage while, after half-an-hour, Bell broke clear in a wide left position and from a tight angle she fired home a fifth for the Blues.

And the scoring continued after the break with McGuinness shooting low into the bottom corner just after the hour with McDaniel finishing with a great strike soon after to add an eighth.

Indeed, McDaniel went on to score a double hat-trick with two further goals in the last ten minutes. Her fifth came as she capitalised on a defensive error before Rebecca McKenna crossed from the right to allow her to cap an incredible performance with her sixth of the evening.


Linfield Ladies: Perry, Robson, McDade, McFrederick, McDaniel, McGuinness, Bell, Venney, McKenna, Myles, McCarron subs Donnan (replaced McGuinness 68), Cameron (replaced Venney 68), Doyle (replaced Bell 56)

Derry City Ladies: McBride, Logue, Dunne, McMullan, J. Doherty, Lapsley, McKeever, L. Connolly, Cunningham, N. Connolly, McLaughlin subs McDaid (replaced Cunningham 39), Duffy (replaced J. Doherty 74), McIntosh (not used), E. Doherty (replaced McLaughlin 65), Graydon (not used)

Referee: David Kelly