Jonathan McMurray (16)
David McDaid (20)
David McDaid (45 2)
Mark Randall (75)


David McDaid scored twice for Larne (©INPHO/Brian Little)


Larne swept to a four goal victory over Carrick Rangers in the East Antrim derby at Inver Park.

Johnny McMurray opened the scoring with just over a quarter-of-an-hour on the clock when he took the ball round keeper Harry Doherty after David McDaid had rolled a pass into his path.

McDaid got on the scoresheet himself just four minutes later with a flicked header into the far corner after Martin Donnelly had sent over a free-kick from the right.

Then, in first half stoppage time, McDaid added a third after running onto a Dean Jarvis defence splitting pass to go past Doherty to slot the ball into the empty net.

Carrick did have their chances, with Reece Neale forcing Conor Devlin into a near post save while Kyle Cherry threatened either side of the break.

However Larne always looked likely to extend their lead and, with 15 minutes to go, McDaid thought he had done just that only to be ruled out offside.

But, moments later, it was 4-0 when substitute Mark Randall got the final touch to a Tomas Cosgrove cross to put the game to bed.

Larne had later chances to make it five but the woodwork thwarted both Donnelly and McDaid while, for Carrick, Michael Smith, Stewart Nixon and Lloyd Anderson all came close to grabbing a consolation.

Larne: Devlin, Flowers, Kelly, Watson, Sule, McDaid, Donnelly, Cosgrove, Hughes, Jarvis, McMurray subs Ramsey (not used), Randall (replaced Jarvis 66), Tilney (not used), Lynch (replaced McMurray 78), Graham (replaced Kelly 79), Mitchell (not used), Gilmour (not used)

Carrick Rangers: Doherty, Carson, Neale, Surgenor, Loughran, Faulkner, D. Kelly, Smith, Cherry, Keke, Anderson subs Nicholl (not used), Nixon (replaced Keke 53), Magill (replaced Cherry 53), Hassin (replaced Faulkner 62), Doyle (not used), McGreevy (not used), E. Kelly (not used) 

Referee: Shane Andrews

Attendance: 1113

Tags:  Carrick Rangers  Larne