This website uses cookies. Please click "Accept and Close" to accept the use of cookies on our website. By continuing to browse our website you consent to the use of cookies on this website.

For more information on how we use cookies please visit our Cookie Policy page, or visit our Privacy notice page for more information on how we manage and use data.



14 Mar 2021
© Brian Little/INPHO Shayne Lavery bagged a hat-trick for Linfield
Shayne Lavery bagged a hat-trick as leaders Linfield cruised to another three points on Saturday while there were wins also for Ballymena United, Cliftonville, Glentoran and Larne.
Lavery brought his tally for the season to 17 as the Blues hit seven without reply past Carrick Rangers at Windsor Park.
Kirk Millar, Michael Newberry, Cameron Palmer and Jordan Stewart also got on the scoresheet for David Healy's side who restored their five point lead at the top that had been temporarily cut back following Coleraine's defeat of Crusaders on Friday evening.
Larne are back in third spot after playing party poopers to Dean Shiels' managerial debut in charge of Dungannon Swifts. A Davy McDaid goal towards the end of the first half coupled with Martin Donnelly's 81st minute finish helped the Inver Reds to the points at Stangmore Park and their first win in five outings.
Robbie McDaid struck twice in the second half as Glentoran overcame Warrenpoint Town at Milltown, opening the scoring just before the hour and then making sure with ten minutes left.
But it was two first half goals that gave Cliftonville the edge over Glenavon at Solitude. Aaron Donnelly floated home the opener on 12 minutes followed by another Ryan Curran strike around a quarter-of-an-hour later. 
Peter Campbell did pull one back for the visitors early in the second half but it wasn't enough to spark a comeback.
Meanwhile, at The Showgrounds, Shay McCartan found the net after just six minutes in Ballymena United's win over Portadown.
Luke Wilson cancelled that out ten minutes later but a Paul McElroy spot-kick just after the hour ultimately guided the Sky Blues to the points.